Thank you for your interest in becoming a partner organization of the Redwood Empire Food Bank, providing hunger relief to Northern California.
As a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest non-governmental, domestic hunger relief organization, the Redwood Empire Food Bank and our fellow partner organizations follow the established guidelines set by Feeding America to uphold the highest standards of charitable food distribution. All food assistance programs are subject to ongoing compliance monitoring to ensure safe, secure food storage and handling as well as Civil Rights protections for volunteers and recipients alike.
We operate on a membership basis requiring an annual $50 fee. If you are not currently operating a food assistance program, please consider first volunteering at a local food pantry or with the Redwood Empire Food Bank to determine your best way to help fight hunger in your community.
- An organization must meet the following criteria to be eligible to partner with the Redwood Empire Food Bank. Our strongest Partners exhibit the following:
- Have 501(c)(3) exemption status.
- Are not a private foundation, even if they have a 501(c)(3) exemption.
- Distribute all Redwood Empire Food Bank donated products free of charge for use by the ill, needy, or minor children.
- Have a Board of Directors, or formal advisory group that establishes policies for the operation of the food program, including budgeting.
- Provide food without requiring the recipients to pay, work, or pray in order to receive food or a meal in a distribution setting.
- Do not sell, exchange, or use food or products for money, other goods or services.
- Do not redistribute or barter food or products with other food pantries, shelters, soup kitchens, or other charitable groups or organizations.
- Have a clean food storage site with monitored pest control.
- Have at least one lead person with a current CA Food Handler Certificate.
- Are interested in providing nutritious, balanced food bags and/or meals.
- Serve a minimum of 50 individuals or meals, at least once per month.
If you feel that an area in your community has a need that isn’t currently being met, and you may be missing one or more of the qualities listed above, please reach out to Kim Caffrey firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or assistance. To fill out our Partner Application form, please see below.
Application Document Checklist
❏ Copy of your organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) supporting documents
❏ Copy of linkage documents if your organization’s address is not the actual distribution address
❏ Copy of your current Board of Directors
❏ Partner Organization Application and Agreement, Program Application (via electronic form below, or if you prefer, you may download a PDF form here)
❏ Copy of Food Handler Certificate/Card for onsite Food Program Lead
❏ You may scan/email documents to email@example.com, fax to 707-523-7901, or mail to 3990 Brickway Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403, Attn: Kim Caffrey